~Fore~ Gaia Part 1 ~Fore~ Gaia Part 1

trancy, but especially fast paced wich im not used hearing from you.
i really dig the milimalistic aspect of this wip. it really shows how pure something can be but also very effective.
i didnt like the clap, it tends to go more towards a snare-clap wich i personally hate.
apart from that i hope the collab works out :)
Im keen on hearing more!

These Eyes These Eyes

such pure and small melody, simply crushed by the dark vibes of this DnB track.
i love it!
At first glance i hoped you would go even darker after 0:44 just love the sustain/reverb.
but never the less, great track im faving!

5TanLey responds:

thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

If the Stars Could Communicate If the Stars Could Communicate

i smashed the rate 5 button instantly when i heard quality. well done for achieving this :)
though, while you achieved it you kinda lost some creativity overall. shame though.
i think i would do this track somewhat differently.
i get this is a fast proggy trance thing, but there is nothing wrong with changing it up a bit.
"progressive" is only a guideline. Other than that it will only limit your creativity.
Same with any genre. i get lost in this too.. spare me xD

I dig the mixing and the transitions, simply spot on.
I dig the melodies, its trancey, dreamy, proggy.
I dig the instruments, though the way you used them seem kinda basic, i think that is what TaintedLogic also said (or atleast i thought).

I read the description and i wonder what it sounded like before..
but only if you used the 'crushing' compression method.. so, did you use it?

Keitomine responds:

nope, I never did any mastering, right now it's just mixed. I've been thinking about whether I want to keep the climax as it is, because of the fact that the breakdown melody is literally only used during the breakdown, and it rubs me the wrong way, even though I like the track. I'm thinking of a way to let the breakdown melody work during the climax, and still allow for the main idea of the track to work with it.

Explosion Explosion

feels kinda messy.. im not really sure what you where going for but, to me it sounds like noise before the calm wind returns halfway in. but i spoke too soon.. the noise returns xD
it sounds like you stacked sound upon sound upon sound ect. ect. and took no effort in actually creating depth.
other than that, it sound like a 'fun' project rather then something serious ;)

be well, dont take this as an insult pls.
but most important, have fun doing music!

PancakePocket responds:

Thanks for the review! I am always trying to improve!

Skyframe - Aua Skyframe - Aua

Finally an artist that drops 80s styled sounds into his track!
I absolutely love your style!
fav'd and follow'd

Ebullience (Original Mix) Ebullience (Original Mix)

oh god the 2009 trance vibe is present <3<3<3 lovelovelove this :D

Mich responds:

The late 00s (well, most of the 00s actually) were a good time for Trance in my opinion, so I take that as high praise, thank you. :-) Glad you enjoy!

TheFatRat ft. Laura Brehm - Monody (GTB Remix) [NG cut] TheFatRat ft. Laura Brehm - Monody (GTB Remix) [NG cut]

well let me tell you that i took the time to listen to your 2015 Monody remix demo version.
This i do so i can compare the 2 besides giving "just" a review ;)

So on to the start where it all begins.
you start of fresh i like it, its energized and fast paced.
The following build up's are quick strong and some are subtle changes that scream for more energy.
And with good reason because it keeps building and more energy is given to me the listener.
This truely reminds me of how trance used to sound 15 years ago.
But, i can't forgive myself for putting this in the review, i really dont like how the lead synth sounds, it is simply too cheesy for me :) i somewhat had hoped that in those 2 years you would somehow tweak the sound a little bit to make it less cheesy. but thats just MY PERSONAL TASTE lol.

Those vocals are amazing aswell, a great acapella AND great singer.
I feel that you put too much reverb on those vocals, better lower that reverb a little bit and try to combi with really subtle delay so you almost draw it sort of out, but its subtle so more for filler.
Another thing is the effects (sweeps, crashes ect) are somewhat harshe, you could lower the volume levels a bit to make it more friendly to the listeners ears ;)

Apart from my critism, i really REALLY love what you did with this remix.
It truely shows that much time has gone into it, therefor i shall fav it.
Ill give you 4,5 stars as my review score and a 5 on the rating because this deserves a 5.

just remember, music comes from the heart and soul, time is only a limitation for us producers.

Terminal Velocity V2 Terminal Velocity V2

Hmm i had high hopes for the very first version you uploaded.
i was like Dude, you NAILED IT! holy shit that bass is absolutely KILLING! :D
But, im not feeling it anymore sadly.

Nonetheless, i encourage you to keep going i find your workflow very interesting.
i can see the vocals work, but i would suggest to keep them out and use them for a new project ;)

Keitomine responds:

I fully agree with you. I liked what I had at first and decided to just stay from scratch with my midi data, because like I said, I got too ambitious.

GTB - Alma [#2 TEASER] GTB - Alma [#2 TEASER]

Felicitaciones! :D
Tiene más cuerpo que la versión anterior!
it is really great you have taken this one to a higher level.
Now it sounds so much more delicate :)
It sounds like it can breath freely.

Goodluck!

Dj-Gonzo responds:

¡Gracias Timo!

I am still working on it, but I've been really busy lately. Glad you appreciate the details I added between the two teasers, thanks for sharing a review as always, you're the reason why I am still working hard to improve my production skills. Hope someday we make something together!

>GTB

NiTi - Elemental Crysis (Original Mix) NiTi - Elemental Crysis (Original Mix)

i like what i hear but your mix draws so much attention towards your kickdrum
that i cannot enjoy this at a higher volume on headphones ;)
But looking beyond my statement, its pretty dope!

TodukenMusic responds:

Thanks. I'm new to this mastering, so I screwed up the frequency to the bass drum. Anyway, thanks for your opinion!