GTB - Alma [#2 TEASER] GTB - Alma [#2 TEASER]

Felicitaciones! :D
Tiene más cuerpo que la versión anterior!
it is really great you have taken this one to a higher level.
Now it sounds so much more delicate :)
It sounds like it can breath freely.

Goodluck!

¡Gracias Timo!

I am still working on it, but I've been really busy lately. Glad you appreciate the details I added between the two teasers, thanks for sharing a review as always, you're the reason why I am still working hard to improve my production skills. Hope someday we make something together!

>GTB

NiTi - Elemental Crysis (Original Mix) NiTi - Elemental Crysis (Original Mix)

i like what i hear but your mix draws so much attention towards your kickdrum
that i cannot enjoy this at a higher volume on headphones ;)
But looking beyond my statement, its pretty dope!

TodukenMusic responds:

Thanks. I'm new to this mastering, so I screwed up the frequency to the bass drum. Anyway, thanks for your opinion!

777.mp3 777.mp3

epic man!
reminds me of Envotion, great musical trio, i encourage you to have a listen!

GTB - Alma [TEASER] GTB - Alma [TEASER]

Nice chords, its very major (happy).
tho, there are flaws, like any other musical teaser has.
In the mean time why dont you try sidechaining the chords?
Hopefully that will create room for your kickdrum.
and as a bonus, sidechain adds a little extra flow.
I can go into technical details with this review,
but since it is only a teaser i will spare you the long story :)
Goodluck advancing your projects and skill.

Dj-Gonzo responds:

Thanks for your review Timo! Yeah, I've been sidechaining the chords recently, and they really give a more dynamic feeling to the song, thanks for the advice. I wish you good luck too!

>GTB

ENtrance - Belgrade (Original Mix) ENtrance - Belgrade (Original Mix)

fuck me
your whole EQ bandwidth seems to be all focused on the higher end,
those highs pierce right through my ears.. do something abt it asap.

ENtrance93 responds:

yeah :)

[Uplifting Tech] Center Mass [Uplifting Tech] Center Mass

well it sucks balls!
its an enormous pile of crap prepared by apes and eaten by a donkey.

im just messin with you man, chill :).
the piece sounds actually not bad.
tho, there's always something.
i get the feeling you either overcompressed this, or simply didn't compress at all.
sounds get pushed back to the background while others take a leading hand.
it frustrates me haha.
i also hate the kick you used, its soooo uplifting and not even funny anymore.
but, everyone their own taste i guess :)

you did a good by applying groove to your bass, some MAY refer to "roll" bass. i don't.
the tech -before trance- aspect of this tune is spot on. it has the right structure, mixing, and everything before and after that.
the only thing i do miss, is depth. techtrance usually has this darker feel. this tune sounds like it only has the edge to a darker feeling because of its greater uplifting aspects.

and, im done writing, not much you can use to better your productions but.. im faving this :)
chao!

Keitomine responds:

There might be a lot of compression. I know my mid range is compressed to shit, because it's barely audible. right now, all it does is add atmosphere, because it's hardly there. As much as I want to work on this, I don't want my computer to explode, because more often than not, my tracks will reach a certain level that my computer can't handle rendering, so I have to cut corners, or cut it short, instead of spending more time on it.

I actually really like the kick. I feel like I EQ'd it pretty well. I tried to get a bit of distortion on it, like the big uplifting guys do.

2016 WiP 2016 WiP

OOOOOHMAIIIIGAAWWWD ITS KRUSSI!!! :D:D damn you dont know how much ive missed your music, and this piece just sums up why. Its a Fantastic one!

Krussi responds:

haha!
Kept you waiting, huh! Yeah, its been a while. Sorry :P
It's really nice to see that you're still hanging out on newgrounds. Listened to some of your songs and they sound really amazing!
Been messing around with alot of sounds and genres over the past years. But I seem to fall back into my old habits. I'm thinking about uploading another WiP-reel with some songs I've been working on, to get some feedback on.

Anyhow. A big thanks to you man for the support and the review! I really appreciate it and the support over the years :)

GTB - NameMySong #2 GTB - NameMySong #2

Will you ever finish a song and post it on newgrounds? (:
How about "Sky Scraper" as a name? If not, what about the "Dimonsion(s)" we excist in?

Dj-Gonzo responds:

I will when I finish my University exams! (In June if everything is okay). The Monody remix is almost finished, and I'm progressing with other songs like Lionheart and Supersonic.

Sky Scraper definitely is a fitting name for this one, I wanted to give these kind of rising saws an Uplifting Trance feeling. Thanks as always for your support Timo! People like you make me want to progress and learn more about music production. Good luck with your projects too.

Tour de Love Tour de Love

Sebastien did a good review, you should consider putting those tips unto your future projects.
I can only add to that, that you should look for "Ghost Kick Sidechain" instead of just the normal sidechain compression..
its a little more advanced but, once you get the hang of it, its very easy.
Just make sure you use 1 (ghost) kick specifically for sidechaining, for every sound (you edit this kick for sidechain only).
if you use FLstudio:
Its really easy, all you have to do is use the edited kick, pick a mixer channel to link it to.
Next you mute the channel 'send' and your set.
Into the mixer channel goes either nothing or a little bass boosted EQ.(atleast thats what i do).
Im sure you can find a few tutorials at youtube on how to do this exactly and set up your settings correctly.

Another thing i wanna hint you is to take your time to create something great,
its always best to reconsider your own song and look for weak spots.
You probably see musicians on here that post every other day or so. You dont have to do that.
You are free to post anything any time. No pressure :)

Well, goodluck.

A Trail of Roads A Trail of Roads

you are only one of the few thousand newcomers to create something.
You said specifically not to post negativity.. does that include constructive critism?
Your pads are nice, cant deny that.
Tho there isn't really happening something other then using a few automations, subtle effects, a 4/4 beat, a saw pluck w/ cutoff filter, another saw pluck w/ filter in constant motion, a few hats, offbeat bass.
i suggest to start layering your sounds.
it makes things so much more interesting instead of using a few common sounds.

And with more sounds, comes a more powerfull machine(computer) to handle all that extra memory(RAM). So, think about it ;)
Im not going to tell you to improve your mastering and mixing because thats just plain ignorance and stupid at this point. just focus on becoming better at what you want and like.

I'll give you "the benifit of the doubt" like i mostly tell people, and scout you.
Keep at it!

(PS: the summary i just did about this song isn't negative, keep those things in your upcoming songs)

Ceemos responds:

Hey! Thank you for the review
I can tell that I'm still a noob in Music Programming but I'll keep in touch with your advice because I know that I still have to learn a lot. Also thanks for scouting me. Thanks!